Terms of Service
- Customer will comply with all rules and regulations of Roberts Creek Water District and accept water service subject to its terms and charges. Customer will not hold the District liable for delays in furnishing water.
- Customer agrees to pay a service deposit based on water meter size. This deposit will be applied to customer's final bill upon termination of service.
- If two applicants are responsible for the water account, the service deposit will remainon the account as longs as either party remains responsible for billing.
- A $25 non-refundable Activation Fee will be added to my first billing.
- If backflow prevention is required, the property owner must place and test the required device(s) at own expense.
- Meters are read on the 10th of every month. Billing statements for the applicable service period are sent out by the 25th of the month, and payment is due by the 15th of the next month. If customer fails to timely pay the balance due, a $5.00 late fee will be added to the customer's account.
- After two consecutive months of non-payment, a 10-day warning letter of termination will be sent. If customer has not paid past-due balance or made payment arrangements, by the date shown on the warning letter, a shut-off doorhanger notice will be issued to the customer, and a $20 fee will be assessed. Upon issuance of the doorhanger, the customer must pay the past-due balance and the $20 fee within 3 days to avoid shut-off. Upon shut-off of water service, a minimum $25 re-connect fee will be assessed on the account. To restore water service, the entire balance due, including any assessed fees, must be paid by cash or credit card.
- A $25 fee will be assessed for any check payment returned for non-sufficient funds. The returned check amount plus the $25 fee must be paid in cash by credit card to avoid shut-off of water service. If service is shut off, an additional $25 re-connect fee will be assessed and the entire account balance must be paid to restore water service.
- If a customer's account is turned over to a collection agency for delinquency, the collection agency will assess a fee equal to 40% of the balance turned over.
- The customer is responsible for all water charges until the District is notified of the date of service termination. Upon termination of service, a new mailing address will be required for final billing.
- If customer relinquishes or loses ownership of the property (i.e. foreclosure) the minimum base rate will be the responsibility of the customer as long as customer is shown as owner of record according to County Assessor or until notified by lienholder.
- For Landlords: Landlords/owners are responsible for water charges from the day the renter terminates service with the District, and will inform the District if the water is to be left on. While the property is vacant, the landlord/owner will be billed monthly at the base rate plus consumption.
Payment Methods and Service Rates
We accept cash, checks, e-check payments, auto bankdraft, money orders, all debit/credit cards except American Express.
ALL RATES, FEES AND CHARGES DISCLOSED HEREIN ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
This Schedule of Rates and Fees does not constitute any form of legally-binding contract between Roberts Creek Water District and its customers, nor does it ensure that the rates and fees shown herein will necessarily be those in effect at the time you wish to enact business with Roberts Creek Water DistrictView our current water rates